- group leader of the BONSAI team (CRIStAL and INRIA - Lille Nord Europe)
- head of the national bioinformatics network GDR BIM (Bioinformatics for Molecular Biology)
- co-head of the Lille bioinformatics core facility bilille
June 5-8, 2018: (JC)2BIM, summer school in bioinformatics and biostatistics for PhD students (Frejus). Register now !
April 19-24, 2018: great time to visit Paris and attend RECOMB 2018.
December 13, 2018: From RNA-Seq data to bioinformatics analysis using Nanopore sequencers, Evry.
November 14-15, 2017: open days of GDR BioInformatique Moléculaire, in Paris.
November 6-7, 2017: SEQBIO is in Lille.
October 2017: Our paper MATAM: reconstruction of phylogenetic marker genes from short sequencing reads in metagenomes has been accepted for publication in Bioinformatics. Github repository: https://github.com/bonsai-team/matam
July 2017: Pierre Pericard received the Best Oral Presentation Award for his talk at JOBIM on MATAM (see above).
July 21-25, 2017: Juraj Michalik will be presenting our work on Efficient approximations of RNA kinetics landscape using non-redundant sampling at ISMB/ECCB 2017.
July 3-6, 2017: JOBIM, the French national bionformatics conference, is back in Lille. The program is here.
January 2017: Our work Assessment of Common and Emerging Bioinformatics Pipelines for Targeted Metagenomics is available in PLOS One.
- algorithms for computational biology
- high throughput sequencing data analysis
- noncoding RNA
- See my profile on google scholar
- mirkwood: fast and easy identification of plant microRNAs
- SortMeRNA: filtering, mapping and OTU picking in metagenomics and metatranscriptomics
- RNA tools : structure prediction (carnac), alignment (gardenia),...
Current PhD students
- Quentin Bonenfant: algorithms for third generation reads (with Laurent Noé)
- Chadi Saad: error correction of sequencing reads (with Marie-Pierre Buisine, INSERM)
- Juraj Michalik: RNA folding kinetics (with Yann Ponty, LIX)
- Member of the INS2I scientific council (CNRS)
- Member of the INRA MIA scientific council