- group leader of the BONSAI team (CRIStAL and INRIA - Lille Nord Europe)
- head of the national bioinformatics network GDR BIM (Bioinformatics for Molecular Biology)
- co-head of the Lille bioinformatics core facility bilille
June 2018: Our paper DiNAMO: highly sensitive DNA motif discovery in high-throughput sequencing data has been accepted to BMC Bioinformatics
June 5-8, 2018: (JC)2BIM, summer school in bioinformatics and biostatistics for PhD students (Frejus). Register now !
April 19-24, 2018: great time to visit Paris and attend RECOMB 2018.
- algorithms for computational biology
- high throughput sequencing data analysis
- noncoding RNA
- See my profile on google scholar
- mirkwood: fast and easy identification of plant microRNAs
- SortMeRNA: filtering, mapping and OTU picking in metagenomics and metatranscriptomics
- RNA tools : structure prediction (carnac), alignment (gardenia),...
Current PhD students
- Quentin Bonenfant: algorithms for third generation reads (with Laurent Noé)
- Chadi Saad: error correction of sequencing reads (with Marie-Pierre Buisine, INSERM)
- Juraj Michalik: RNA folding kinetics (with Yann Ponty, LIX)
- Short read mapping: PDF
- Shotgun metagenomics: PDF
- Algorithms for sequence comparison: lecture, exercises
- Member of the INS2I scientific council (CNRS)
- Member of the INRA MIA scientific council